It is no wonder that Italy remains one of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations as it has such widespread appeal. The country’s picture-postcard towns and cities are rich in art and history while the enchanting countryside offers vine-covered rolling hills and soaring mountains. Italy has a stunning coastline, beautiful beaches and fascinating islands making it ideal for honeymooners, adventure-seekers and families alike. Food and wine play a large role in Italian culture, from the ritual morning espresso to the legendary long lunchtimes and evening meals.
With all this in mind, our Italian programme features properties ranging from luxury country hotels to agriturismo apartments with pools. They all share our preference for staying somewhere with character and charm, where there is a commitment to quality and service.
All our properties have been chosen so you have places of historical interest to explore. In Sicily, they provide different bases for sightseeing including several hotels on the relatively unknown western side. In Umbria, local towns such as Todi and Citta di Castello, and Ascoli Piceno in the Marche, will be enjoyed by everyone.
- Visit iconic cities such as Rome, Florence and Venice, rich in art and history.
- Explore off the beaten track with some of our excellent fly drive itineraries into central and southern Italy and Sicily.
- Relax on sandy beaches in Puglia and Calabria.
- Explore sleepy hilltop towns such as Spello in Umbria and Enna in Sicily.
- Indulge in some of Europe’s best cuisine from rustic agriturismo dining to Michelin starred restaurants.