Andalucía Fly-Drive, Spain
Seville – Vejer – Ronda
When you think of Spain, bullfights, flamenco and Moorish castles come to mind – and Andalucía doesn’t disappoint. The most quintessentially Spanish part of Iberian Peninsula, this wonderful itinerary takes you through the rich cultural heritage of Andalucía and down to the smaller hill-towns of Vejer and Ronda. The impressive landscape makes an incredible base for those who like walking while the fantastic Moorish architecture and authentic restaurants and bars make it perfect for anyone who is looking to soak up traditional Spanish culture.
- Visit the three great monuments in Seville the Giralda tower, the Cathedral and the Alcázar and wander through the stunning old town
- Stay in the hillside town Vejer where you can visit the Plaza de España with its stunning centre fountain. A 10 minute drive takes you to the long sandy beaches of Costa de la Luz
- Río Guadalvín in Ronda. A chance to see the impressive gorge arched by the Puente Nuevo Bridge and surrounded by delightful white washed towns
Central Italy Fly-Drive
Tuscany – Umbria – Le Marche
Take in some of the highlights as well as the less well known areas of Italy on this sumptuous tour through central Italy, staying in handpicked boutique properties.
- Stay in a luxurious winery hotel in the Val d’Orcia surrounded by some of Tuscany’s most famous scenery
- Explore the delightful towns of Montepulciano and Pienza
- Relax at a family-run spa hotel deep in the Umbria countryside
- Visit some of Umbria’s most delightful hilltop towns including Todi and Perugia
- Enjoy Le Marche’s beautiful coastline in the protected Conero regional park and sample some of the region’s excellent seafood restaurants
Puglia to Basilicata Fly-Drive, Italy
Fasano – Matera – Maratea
Combine heel and toe of Italy with this fly drive to a masseria in Puglia, a cave hotel in Matera and coastal hotel in Basilicata. This holiday has been tried and tested by families and couples alike and combines the delights of Puglia and Basilicata.
- Explore Puglia’s long coastline of sandy beaches and visit its whitewashed hilltop towns
- Stay in a cave hotel in historical Matera
- Tick off the coves and beaches of Basilicata’s rocky coastline and discover some of the region’s best seafood in the towns of Acquafredda and Maratea
Taormina – Syracuse – Ispica
Eastern Sicily offers beautiful towns rich in history, a smouldering volcano and miles of sandy beaches. May half term is a great time to explore this fascinating area before the heat of the summer sets in.
- Explore the pretty streets of Taormina and marvel at smouldering Mount Etna from the town’s impressively positioned ancient Greek amphitheatre
- Enjoy a few days in Syracuse with its beautiful Baroque cathedral and Greek archaeological site
- See flamingos, herons and other bird life at the Vendicari Nature Reserve
- Finish near the south coast and explore some of the Baroque towns such as Modica with its historical chocolate shop or simply flop on one of the of sandy beaches nearby
Southern Italy Fly-Drive
Naples – Positano – Maratea – Tropea
Everyone knows the Amalfi Coast but dig a bit deeper, or travel a bit further south, to discover sleepy fishing villages, peaceful coves and delightful family-run hotels overlooking the sparkling Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Take in the sights and sounds of southern Italy’s most exciting city, Naples
- Explore the famous towns and resorts of the Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy beachcombing and seafood lunches along Basilicata’s beautiful stretch of Tyrrhenian coastline
- Relax and unwind in Calabria’s prettiest seaside town, Tropea
New Zealand Fly-Drive
Auckland – Matauri Bay – Rotorua – Hawke’s Bay – Mapua – Nelson – Kaikoura – Queenstown
This 18 day itinerary is a great way to explore New Zealand by car. Stopping at 7 of New Zealand’s most interesting locations, it sees you begin in Auckland exploring its many sights and move through Matauri Bay, Rotorua, Hawke’s Bay, Nelson Bays, Kaikoura and finishing in Queensland. You will have the opportunity to do a variety of different activities from water sports and walks in the beautiful countryside to helicopter tours, cruises and whale watching. Not to mention lazing on the beach in between stops.
- Explore Auckland’s museums or on a clear day, the Sky Tower observation deck
- Enjoy the water sports at Matauri Bay or explore on foot either on your own or with a tour guide
- See the White Island volcano from a great height in a helicopter flight
- Taste the renowned Sauvignon Blanc in Kaikoura
- Spot Humpback Whales, Pilot Whales, Blue Whales and Southern Right Whales and Orca on a whale watching cruise
Best of Western Canada: Calgary to Vancouver Island Fly-Drive
Banff – Jasper – Clearwater – Whistler – Parksville – Tofino – Victoria – Vancouver
This road trip from Calgary to Vancouver Island offers some of the best driving scenery in the world through mountains, forests and past dazzling lakes and rivers. Vancouver Island’s Pacific Rim National Park has wild and rugged beaches while a few days in Vancouver offers city life at its best.
- Explore some of Canada’s most beautiful national parks including Banff and Jasper
- Choose from a great selection of outdoor pursuits including hiking, biking, canoeing and white water rafting
- Relax on the beaches of Vancouver Island’s stunning Pacific Rim National Park
- Enjoy excellent wildlife viewing with the opportunity to spot bears and whales
- End your trip with a few nights in Canada’s most beautifully positioned city, Vancouver
South Africa Fly-Drive
Cape Town – Winelands – Hermanus – Plettenberg – Kruger National Park
Two weeks in South Africa allows you to explore a large proportion of this beautiful country. Discover cosmopolitan Cape Town with its fascinating landscape beneath Table Mountain, close to the Atlantic. After leaving the city, explore the beautiful Winelands where you can visit small local towns and participate in wine tasting. Finally end with some of South Africa’s best wildlife with a safari in the Kruger.
- Explore cosmopolitan Cape Town or take a hiking trip to explore its dramatic landscape
- Take a whale watching trip off the garden route coast
- Stay a while in the beautiful Winelands and take your choice of wine tasting tours
- Spot the Big Five on safari in the Kruger
Coast to Canyons, USA
San Francisco – Yosemite National Park – Death Valley National Park – Las Vegas – Zion National Park – Lake Powell – Grand Canyon – Sedona
Starting on the Pacific Coast in cosmopolitan San Francisco, this fly-drive itinerary takes you inland to discover some of south west USA’s most inspiring national park scenery. Journey from California into Nevada, Utah and Arizona and visit the waterfalls of Yosemite, the arid environs of Death Valley and the iconic Grand Canyon. Superb hiking opportunities and jaw dropping landscapes abound on this classic American road trip.
- Cycle the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and take a boat to Alcatraz
- Hiking in Yosemite National Park
- See the geological wonders of Death Valley, USA’s hottest and driest national park
- Take in a show and wander the casinos of ‘The Strip’ in Las Vegas
- Explore the canyons and monoliths of Zion National Park
- Boating and other water sports on Lake Powell
- Visit the incomparable Grand Canyon
- Take a jeep tour around the red rocks of Sedona
National Parks Circle, USA
Las Vegas – Bryce Canyon – Capitol Reef – Moab – Monument Valley – Lake Powell –Grand Canyon – Las Vegas
This fly-drive itinerary covers some of the most iconic wonders of the American West. The circular route from Las Vegas takes you first into Utah to marvel at the wide open spaces, surreal landscapes and red rock scenery of its national parks. Continue into Arizona via the classic western scenery of Monument Valley to enjoy water sports on Lake Powell and a helicopter trip to the floor of the Grand Canyon. The diverse geology and natural wonders of the region make it a paradise for hikers and photographers, best experienced on an unforgettable American road trip.
- Take in a show and wander the casinos of Las Vegas
- Explore the canyons, monoliths and hoodoos of Bryce & Zion National Parks
- Expansive sweeping vistas at Capitol Reef National Park
- Hiking and rafting opportunities at Canyonlands National Park
- Classic western scenery and Navajo culture at Monument Valley
- Boating and other water sports on Lake Powell
- The incomparable Grand Canyon
Thessaloniki to Athens Fly Drive, Greece
Thessaloniki – Meteora – Athens
This culture-packed journey begins in Greece’s second city, whose lures include a citadel and the house where Kemal Ataturk, Turkey’s first leader, was born. You can make day trips to little-known Vergina, home to ‘Greece’s Tutankhamun’, and Alexander The Great’s ruined home of Pella before driving to Meteora’s cliff-clinging monasteries. There are various options for the route from there onto Athens and its superb temples, but the most exciting goes via Delphi – once reckoned the centre of the world, and a treasure trove of excavated remains and monuments.
- Explore Kemal Ataturk’s birthplace at the Ataturk Museum
- Inspect the undisturbed tomb of Philip of Macedon at Vergina, like a Greek version of Tutankhamun
- Visit still-inhabited monasteries on the clifftops of Meteora
- Finish in Athens, admiring the majestic Acropolis and its Doric columns
Western Australia Road Trip
Perth – Cervantes – Kalbarri National Park – Monkey Mia – Coral Bay – Ningaloo Reef – Perth
Blessed with remarkable Indian Ocean beaches, award-winning wineries, vast national parks and unique wildlife, Western Australia is the country at its finest. Drive empty roads while discovering breath-taking natural wonders on this epic coastal fly-drive. Go off-grid in Kalbarri National Park, meet dolphins at Monkey Mia and swim with whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef. This is Australia away from the crowds.
- Explore cosmopolitan Perth and take a trip to historic Fremantle
- Visit the ancient desert sculptures of The Pinnacles
- Hike the cliffs and gorges of wild Kalbarri National Park
- See Monkey Mia’s bottle-nosed dolphins
- Swim with whale shark at Ningaloo Reef
Why we are the experts 30 years of creating fly-drive holidays
We have been organising fly-drive holidays for decades so our network of contacts and intricate knowledge ensures that we can create the perfect fly-drive itinerary to suit you.
You might like...
Best of our Italian fly-drives
Combine Italy's big-hitters with lesser known gemsRead more
From Historical Riches to Beautiful BeachesRead more
Namibia Family Self drive
Desert, Wilderness & WildlifeRead more
The Joy of the Open Road
Worldwide Fly-DrivesRead more
Hit the Highway in California
Family road trip San Fran to Los AngelesRead more
Sweden: West is Best
Close to NatureRead more