Canada offers visitors some of the best scenery in the world with snow-capped mountains, a stunning Pacific Ocean coastline and emerald green lakes. Wildlife viewing is excellent and the country has some surprisingly interesting cities to explore. Outdoor pursuits range from hiking to skiing with every imaginable activity in between, with the desires of adrenalin junkies, families and the more sedate traveller all equally met.
A fly drive holiday in Canada is road-tripping at its best with plenty of affordable accommodation options as well as some wonderfully luxurious hotels for those looking for a romantic or special retreat. If driving is not for you, the Rocky Mountaineer rail journey is the ideal experience for sitting back and taking in those stunning vistas.
Best of Western Canada: Calgary to Vancouver Island
Fly drive in Western Canada from Calgary to Vancouver
Grizzlies, Orcas & Black Bears
A week-long trip discovering Vancouver Island’s diverse and plentiful wildlife
Eastern Canada Highlights
Explore the historic cities and spectacular landscapes of Ontario and Quebec
Trans Canada Rail, Road & Vineyards
An epic cross country adventure by rail and road from Toronto to Vancouver
- Experience one of the best road trip holidays in the world with a drive through the Rocky Mountains from Calgary to Vancouver.
- Explore Vancouver Island with its impressive wildlife viewing opportunities, immense forests and the stunning Pacific Rim National Park.
- Enjoy a city break in Toronto combined a visit to Niagara Falls and a week in a log cabin amid the lakes and forest scenery of the Muskoka region of Ontario .
- Spend a few days in Canada’s most attractive city, Vancouver with glorious ocean and mountain vistas.
- Take part in numerous outdoor pursuits from white water rafting to kayaking with grey whales.