Chile truly is a land of contrasts - with the Atacama Desert in the north, the fertile Central Valley south of Santiago with its vineyards and orchards, the forested and volcanic Lake District and finally the windswept plains, mountains and glaciers of Patagonia in the far south. Chile is a particularly relaxing and peaceful holiday destination, in great contrast to some of the more vibrant and exotic countries which make up South America. The country can also lend itself very well to a self-drive holiday, as the roads are quiet and mostly well maintained. However, distances are vast and you will no doubt need to fly between certain destinations unless you have several weeks at your disposal.
Chile is best visited between November and March when the weather is milder in the south. Advance booking is highly recommended for certain key lodges which get booked up many months in advance.
Contact us for a tailor-made itinerary which we will design to meet your specific requirements.
- Sample Chile’s famous wines and enjoy a luxurious stay in a boutique winery.
- Take in the harsh but beautiful scenery of the Atacama Desert.
- Admire the lakes, forests and volcanoes of Chile’s tranquil Lake District region and relax post-hike aching limbs in the hot springs.
- Explore the mountains, lakes and glaciers of Chilean Patagonia.
- Enjoy a night out in vibrant Valparaiso before retreating to your boutique townhouse residence with views over the city’s rooftops to the Pacific Ocean.