Colombia has it all. There’s sandy beaches, rainforest, mountains, coffee plantations, colonial towns and craft markets. Throw in gold museums, cathedrals carved into salt mines, fantastical wildlife and thriving cities, and you have one of South America’s most all-round destinations.
Blissfully uncrowded, Colombia would appeal to discerning travellers keen to discover one of South America’s best kept secrets. Vibrant and cosmopolitan cities like Bogotá and Medellin rub shoulders with Spanish colonial towns including the famed Caribbean jewel of UNESCO heritage site Cartagena. There’s also wondrous natural landscapes in the form of lush Coffee Country, wax-palm strewn Cocora Valley, and vast Colombian Amazon.
Due to its proximity to the equator, Colombia’s temperatures vary more according to altitude than season. The dry seasons of December to March and July & August are generally best, but do contact us for more information and we’ll put together a suggested holiday itinerary to suit you.
- Savour the flavour of fresh Colombian coffee at a traditional finca.
- Get the Midas touch at Bogota’s remarkable Gold Museum.
- Get horizontal on one of the Caribbean coast’s 300 wild white-sand beaches.
- Wander the cobbled streets of Cartagena, a perfectly preserved colonial gem.
- Explore the vast Colombian Amazon’s staggering variety of flora and fauna.