Costa Rica offers a unique blend of diverse landscapes with dense forests, mountains and volcanoes, stunning beaches and excellent wildlife viewing. Add to this some exciting adrenalin sports, fantastic beaches on both its Caribbean and Pacific coasts and a proud and welcoming people in a peaceful nation that manages to exist without the need for an army.
Costa Rica has chosen to develop much of its tourism along excellent ecological lines. There are some wonderfully remote hotels and resorts making Costa Rica an ideal destination for honeymooners or those looking for an intimate retreat. Given the peaceful and relatively safe nature of the country, it is also a perfect destination for families looking for an adventurous holiday. The best time to visit Costa Rica is from November to April when the weather is drier. Families should consider booking Christmas and Easter breaks here as far in advance as possible in order to maximise flight and accommodation availability.
Costa Rica Highlights
- Witness turtles nesting in the Tortugero National Park and enjoy the laid-back vibe of Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast.
- Stay in a romantic beachfront retreat, many of which are only accessible by boat, backed by rainforests on the remote Osa Peninsula.
- Explore the mountains, forests and waterfalls of the Monteverde Cloud Forest region on foot or by exhilarating zip wire.
- Enjoy hiking through the forests beneath Arenal volcano and relax aching limbs in the hot springs.
- Experience adrenalin sports such as white water rafting, mountain biking and surfing.