Jordan is home to Petra, one of the world’s great “lost cities”. It is also home to a host of other great historical sites including the well-preserved Graeco-Roman city of Jerash and the impressive Christian mosaics of Madaba. The country is also famed for its natural beauty and is home to several important nature reserves which protect both the landscape and the native inhabitants.
Jordan is a great destination for families, with highlights which will delight and fascinate children, particularly the immensity of Petra, the novelty of floating in the Dead Sea and a camping trip into the rocky desert of Wadi Rum for stargazing. Add to this a mild climate at Easter, May and October half terms, a minimal time difference and some excellent family friendly hotels and resorts.
- Visit the beautiful ancient city of Petra
- Experience modern Arabia with a stay in Jordan’s buzzing capital, Amman.
- Spend a night star gazing in the desert
- Explore the well-preserved Graeco-Roman city of Jerash
- Visit one of the country’s nature reserves, such as Dana, home to abundant wildlife and stunning landscapes.