Morocco presents quite a culture shock given its relative proximity to the UK. Offering a mild climate as well as a totally different culture, cuisine, language and landscape, Morocco is ideal for adventure seekers and winter sun devotees.
Marrakech and Fez are excellent city break destinations but the country has so much more to offer than the souks and riads these cities are famed for. The landscape of Morocco offers vast mountain vistas and peaceful and surprisingly verdant valleys as well as extensive desert scenery. There are ancient sites dating back to Roman times as well as modern metropolises which stand at odds against the traditional Berber life travellers will witness in more rural parts of the country.
Quirky 22 room hotel near the Medina in Marrakech
A luxury 9 room Riad with swimming pool and rooftop terrace located in the midst of the Medina of Marrakech.
Jardins de la Medina
Smart and well run riad in the heart of the medina in Marrakech
Fellah Hotel just south of Marrakech brings a new refreshing arty, cultural twist to the Marrakech luxury hotel scene.
Kasbah du Toubkal
Sustainably run hilltop kasbah, set amid north Africa’s highest mountains
- Soak up the atmosphere in the vast main square of Djemaa-El-Fna in Morocco’s capital city, Marrakech.
- Experience a stay in one of the many riads of Marrakech, from simple and affordable courtyard houses to luxurious properties with swimming pools and rooftop terraces. Ask us for our current favourites.
- Enjoy trekking in the Atlas Mountains, perhaps undertaking a summit of Morocco’s highest peak, Mount Toubkal.
- Explore some of the country’s most impressive historical towns and cities such as medieval Fez or the Roman city of Volubilis.
- Spend a night under canvas in the Sahara Desert for some spectacular star gazing.