Real Holidays ("We", "Us) is part of The RBR Group Ltd, which includes Bailey Robinson, Roxtons Field Sports and Ian Coley Sporting. If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us
This policy covers:
1.How we collect information about you
2.What types of personal information we hold
3.What we use your personal data for
4.Our website and the information we collect
5.Keeping your data safe
6.When we share your personal information with other organisations
7.When your personal information is transferred outside the UK or the EEA
8.Contacting you and your marketing preferences
10.Updates to our privacy notice
1. How we collect information about you
We collect information about you when you make an enquiry or booking (via email, over the phone or on our website), or when you sign up to our newsletters or magazines.
2. What types of personal information we hold
We will process personal data in connection with enquiries and bookings of our products and services, which may include:
- Personal and contact details which will usually include title, full name, email and postal address
- A record of contact with us such as via the telephone, through one of our website contact forms, or by email
- Your expressed travel interests, including destination and holiday types
- Products and services, you have booked with us, as well as those you have been interested in
- Your date of birth, gender, nationality and password details.
- Family member details, your marital status and family connections
- Information about your travel insurance and health
- Emergency contact details for use if needed when travelling
3. What we use your personal data for
- We may use your personal information to:
- Process your holiday booking and make your travel arrangements
- Provide you with information, such as a holiday quotation.
- Notify you of any changes to your booking
- Share information, as needed, with business partners and service providers (for example, hotels, airlines, ground agents)
- Update your records and the information we hold about you
- Monitor and keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- Manage and audit our business
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements
- Contact you about our products and services offered within our group of companies
4. Our website and the information we collect
We collect visitor data and analyse traffic on our site for our own usage. This information helps us understand customer interests and helps us improve our website.
We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits, and page interaction information (such as clicks). This data collected may also include the domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your device, browser, operating system, referral information and other standard information collected by default by Google Analytics.
Some of this information, and how you interact with our marketing emails, may be linked to your personal record in our internal systems. The data collected may include which pages you visited on our website and from email interactions whether you opened the email and what you clicked on. This data helps us to understand the effectiveness of our communications and whether they are interesting, it also helps us understand your preferences and interests.
We also use the Facebook custom audience pixel on our website, this is a small cookie. It enables us to build audiences for advertising campaigns on Facebook and to ensure that any advertising is seen by our visitors that are most likely to be interested by analysing who has visited our website. No personal information is contained in or collected as a result of using this. For further information about the Facebook Custom audiences and to change our setting please visit: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
5. Keeping your data safe
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We endeavour to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised use of personal data and accidental loss of personal data.
Personal information is stored in our internal database system, which is accessed by our sales, accounting, marketing and information systems staff. It is used solely to conduct business, and it is always handled discretely and in a way which safeguards your privacy.
We perform regular backups of our database systems and web servers, and we store backups in a secure location. While we cannot guarantee 100% security from unauthorized access, we take every reasonable effort to ensure that the data on our servers and on our backups remain secure.
6. When we share your personal information with other organisations
We may share information relevant third parties for the purposes of providing you with the information you have requested from us (such as a holiday quotation) and when you book a holiday with us. This will require us to pass relevant information on to suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels and transport companies.
We will also, from time to time, do promotions with specially selected business partners. During registration, you have the option to opt-out of third party sharing for marketing purposes. If you opt-out, you will not receive material or promotions from any third parties we have agreements with.
We will not sell or rent your information for marketing purposes with companies outside our Group.
7. When your personal information is transferred outside the UK or the EEA
While we are based in the UK but data we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to a partner or supplier outside of the UK or EEA (European Economic Area). These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA. In this instance we endeavour to ensure suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using contractual agreements to stipulate the safe processing of the data we share.
8. Contacting you and your marketing preferences
In conducting business transactions, we will contact you by e-mail and/or telephone. In addition, we would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We may use your postal address and email address to contact you according to the marketing preferences we hold on record for you.
You can choose whether to receive marketing information from us or whether we pass information to other members of the RBR Group. To change the type of communications you’re happy for us to send you; edit or remove your personal details please contact us.
At certain times, we may also run contests or promotions that exist outside our normal contact channel. If you choose to participate in these contests or promotions, we will use your personal information to contact you regarding the promotion or contest you entered.
9. Data retention
We will hold your personal information for as long as required for us to provide our products and services to you and for as long as we have legitimate business needs, for example where we are under certain binding legal obligations, where information is required for audit purposes, by the government or other institutions or where we have another legitimate business reason.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us at any time. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold, please contact us.
10. Updates to our privacy notice
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Real Holidays, 36A Clare Lane. London. N1 3DB
- Phone us: 020 7359 3938
This is the privacy notice of Real Holidays.
Real Holidays is a trading name for Real Holidays Travel Agency Limited, Registered No. 233323. Registered Office: The Courtyard, 25 High Street, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 0NF, UK. We are a data controller of your personal data and we are fully registered with the ICO. https://ico.org.uk/
Real Holidays is part of The RBR Group Limited, Registered No 09952535.
This policy is effective from 18th May 2018